Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Baby Shower....

I LOVE baby showers... especially when they are for me.  I had two baby showers. 

My co-workers had one for me at lunchtime and everyone was very generous and thoughtful.  Due to security restrictions at my place of employment, I was unable to take pictures.  :(   

My other baby shower was for ALL my friends and family.  It was on February 16, 2013.   I think there were probably just as many (if not more) people at my baby shower as there were at my wedding!!  I know I invited more!  My SIL and my husband's aunt hosted it and my mom, MIL, and husband's cousin all helped pull it off.  It was, in a word, AMAZING.   I loved everything about it!  I loved the location, the decorations, the food, the chocolate fountain, the cake, the layout and the gifts!!  This was the first event in my life where we registered for gifts and I loved that experience too!!  The ONLY thing about it that I didn't like was that it snowed!!!  A lot of the guests left after the games and food, but before I opened my gifts because they didn't want to get snowed in (I don't blame them!).  

Luckily, I was able to take pictures at this one. ;)  


My husband's aunt made the cake... So cute!!! (and yummy!!)

Here's the chocolate fountain.. and my wonderful SIL.

There were about 298347324987 pictures very similar to this one.. me opening gifts.  I thought one would suffice.  :)

I didn't get many pictures of me with people!!!  This is me with my niece and great-niece.  :)  


My very good (and gorgeous!) friend from high school.. I call her Bean.  

This is me and my mom.. look at all that snow!!!  

And me with my sweetheart SIL. 

We played a few games, not too many.  I originally said I didn't want to have any, but my SIL convinced me and I'm glad we did.  We played the game where people use yarn to estimate how big the tummy is.  We also played a trivia-type game.  There was a list of questions (that I answered ahead of time) and whoever answered the same as me for the most questions won (they were multiple choice questions).  There were questions like "How much do you think the baby will weigh?".  Some of the answers that I picked ended up being waaaay off.  For the weight question the options were 6lbs, 8lbs or 12lbs (I think) and I said 12lbs, because I just knew she was going to be a whopper... she was only 7lbs.  :/   Anyways.... the other game was the one where a tray with baby items is brought around and everyone has to remember as many things as possible and write them down.  (good thing I didn't play that one.. I have a TERRIBLE memory!  I totally would've just listed baby stuff and hope that some of it was on the tray)

All in all, it was a wonderful baby shower and I couldn't have been happier.    


No comments:

Post a Comment